Advanced Dictionary Search
Using this program, you can find words with different properties.
This program can use two dictionaries, one with 38,617 words and one with 295,815 words.
Here you can find Java files supporting the Advanced Dictionary Search.
Here are some puzzles that one can solve using this program.
- What is the longest palindrome?
- What is the only number which has letters in alphabetical order?
- Find the words which have the first two letters be the same.
- What could be the length of a pyramid word?
- Find the words that end in dous.
- What is the shortest word that uses all of the vowels (i.e. 'a', 'e', 'i', 'o' and 'u')?
- Find the words that contain six of the same letter.
Last revised August 2006